Our commitment to our clients is one of both candor and creativity. Our clients come to us for creative solutions to difficult problems, from the management and handling of litigation to compliance and business transactions. They rely on us to provide candid assessments of operational models and defense strategies. Our forward-thinking approach has served clients well, protecting both their reputations and their bottom lines.
With offices in Texas, California, Colorado, Georgia, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and New York, and attorneys licensed in ten states and over thirty federal districts, nine federal appellate courts, and the United States Supreme Court, Barron & Newburger, P.C. stands ready to provide trial court and appellate representation across the country. Our compliance team has guided businesses serving the consumer finance industry both nationally and internationally, working with compliance teams in the U.S., Canada, India, and the Philippines.
US States Admitted In
US Office Locations
The firm’s history began in 1981, when Barbara Barron established a practice in regulatory, insolvency, and creditors’ rights matters. Manny Newburger joined the firm in 1983, and the practice has grown into a national presence, that retains a personal touch. Our team’s decades of experience span consumer and commercial litigation, federal and state regulatory matters, general business litigation, insolvency and bankruptcy litigation, business transactions and acquisitions, and compliance and corporate governance. The diverse background and experience of our attorneys allows for a deep understanding of the specialized needs of our clients. Our successes in both private litigation and regulatory matters have been substantial, and our experience working with corporate counsel and C-level executives enables us to assist clients in designing custom solutions that fit their specific needs.
In addition to our standard litigation services we also provide general counsel services, and we manage litigation, litigation strategy, and settlement negotiations for clients seeking to outsource those functions. Our decades of experience enable us to fine-tune strategies with the insight of a large firm and the personal attention of a small firm. At the heart of each client relationship (whether decades or hours long) is honesty — the firm’s culture is to tell clients what they need to hear, not what they want to hear.
Industry and Community Contributions
Barron & Newburger attorneys have been recognized for their industry and community contributions. Collections & Credit Risk Magazine named Manny Newburger an Industry Champion, and Lauren Burnette has been recognized as one of the 25 Most Influential Women in Collections by Collection Advisor magazine. The firm and its attorneys have proudly:
- Provided educational programs to leading trade groups such as the National Creditors’ Bar Association, the Receivables Management Association, the Commercial Collection Agencies of America, the Commercial Law League of America, ACA-International, the National Association of Credit Management and the U.S. Foreclosure Network
- Been widely quoted in well-known publications, including: Lawyers Weekly USA, the National Law Journal, the Wall Street Journal, Business Week, InsideARM and The Washington Post
- Written articles for legal and industry-related magazines and journals such as the Consumer Finance Law Quarterly Report, the American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, the Journal of Consumer & Commercial Law, Debt3, and the Commercial Law Bulletin.
- Taught at the law school, graduate school, and university level as adjunct faculty members
- Received numerous awards and recognitions for their commitment to legal services for the poor and other charitable causes