Ms. Burnette joins Barron & Newburger with a strong background in consumer credit litigation, compliance and appellate practice representing creditors, collection agencies, debt purchasers and law firms.
Ms. Burnette has joined Barron & Newburger from Marshall Dennehy Warner Colman & Goggin where she practiced for eight years as a shareholder and senior associate, most recently in the Jacksonville Florida office of the firm. Prior to this, she practiced in Central Pennsylvania.
- Licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania, Maryland and Florida.
- Admitted to practice in the US Circuit Courts of Appeal for the Third and Fourth Circuits.
- Admitted to practice in U.S. District Courts for the District of Columbia, for the Northern and Southern District of Florida, for all District Courts in Pennsylvania and in Maryland.
- Member of National Creditors Bar Association for which she serves as Co-Chair of the Defense Bar Steering Committee and member of the Amicus Committee for this organization.
- Named one of the 25 Most Influential Women in Collections by Collections Advisor (Aug. 2016)
- Member of ACA International, where she is on the ACA’s Sanctions Review Panel. She holds the designation of Credit and Collections Compliance Officer
- Frequent speaker to bar associations, law firms and national industry organizations relating to litigation and compliance issues affecting the consumer financial services industry.
- Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Pennsylvania (2000).
- Juris Doctor degree from University of Pittsburgh Law School (2003)