Mr. Elbein brings more than thirty years of prominent experience in consumer and finance law and public policy including issues relating to the automotive marketplace, advertising and UDAAP cases.
Prior to joining Barrion & Newburger, Mr. Elbein serves as a Regional Director in two of the Federal Trade Commission’s regions — the Southwest regional office and the Southeast regional office. In those roles, he investigated and litigated hundreds of federal consumer cases. He has also held leadership positions in the Resolution Trust Corporation and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
- Admitted to practice in state courts of Georgia and Texas
- Practiced in the Federal Courts in Georgia, Florida, Oklahoma and Texas; the Bankruptcy Courts in Texas; and the U.S. Court of Claims.
- Frequent lecturer for state attorneys general offices on multiple topics including data security and privacy.
- Bachelor of Arts with High Honors from the University of Texas (1978)
- Juris Doctor degree from University of Texas (1982)