Established in 1981 by Barbara Barron, the firm has developed a national presence, while retaining its personal touch.
With offices in Texas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and New York, Barron & Newburger, P.C. stands apart nationally and internationally from other firms representing companies in the consumer finance industry.
US States Admitted In
US Office Locations
Barron & Newburger’s three decades of experience (and counting) spans consumer and commercial law, business litigation, insolvency and bankruptcy litigation, business transactions and compliance and regulatory affairs. Several members began their careers representing consumer plaintiffs, debtors, creditors and trustees in bankruptcy, allowing for a deep understanding of their practice areas. Countless clients have benefited from the firm’s perspective and pragmatism.
The diverse mix of attorneys, experience and perspectives allows for the innovative thinking necessary to develop creative and practical solutions to the litigation and business problems its clients face. Barron & Newburger also provides general counsel services to clients seeking to outsource those functions. Finally, Barron & Newburger can fine-tune strategy with big firm insights and laser focus with small firm accuracy—generating bold ideas and solving problems time and again.
While Barron & Newburger has built its national reputation from a flagship office in Texas, the partners have invested in building genuine, personalized client relationships nationally while cultivating a depth and breadth of expertise. This firm’s attorneys are attuned to regional and nationwide needs. At the heart of each client relationship (whether decades or hours long) is honesty — The firm’s culture is to tell clients what they need to hear, not what they want to hear.
Barron & Newburger attorneys have proudly:
- Given educational programs to leading trade groups: the Commercial Law League of America, DBA International, the National Association of Retail Collection Attorneys, the National Association of Credit Management and the U.S. Foreclosure Network
- Been widely quoted in well-known publications, including: Lawyers Weekly USA, the National Law Journal, the Wall Street Journal, Business Week, InsideARM and The Washington Post
- Written articles for legal and industry-related magazines and journals: Debt3, The Texas Bar Journal, the American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, the Commercial Law Bulletin, the Consumer Finance Law Quarterly Report and the Texas Journal of Consumer Law
- Taught at the university level: the University of Texas Law School, the Center for Lifelong Engineering Education and the School of Business
- Conducted corporate training in Texas and abroad to promote compliance with consumer protection laws such as the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act